Las Vegas Archers
P.O. Box 28476
Las Vegas, NV. 89126
Meeting of May 13, 2019
Special Note: The following are minutes that summarize the Las Vegas Archers meeting held on
May 13, 2019, and are not a transcript of the meeting.
The meeting was called to order by Jim Marshall, Interim President, at 7:00 p.m.
Minutes from the April 1, 2019 LVA Meeting
Minutes from the April 1, 2019 meeting were read. Corrections to be made to the April minutes: add nominations made at the April meeting; add Sawyer Cawley to the list of new members. A motion was made to accept the corrected minutes. This motion was seconded, all were in favor, and the motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report for April 2019
Frank Roof, Treasurer, gave the Treasurer’s Report for April. A motion was made to accept the reports as read. This motion was seconded, all were in favor and the motion passed.
Voting of New Members
New members were voted in:
Isabel Napoli, David Richmond, Rob Foster
Charlie Roof obtained pricing on LVA logo shirts. Jim Marshall suggested red shirts; Russell Freeman suggested heather gray. Charlie will check on adding long sleeved shirts to the order and get pricing. Shirts will be sold to members. Members present discussed pricing and agreed on $15 each.
Charlie attempted to contact the Forest Service regarding the LVA range lease. Former contact has retired. The new contact, Chris, will look into our case file, however, told Charlie that since we received an invoice and the check was cashed, that was a good sign. Charlie will follow up.
Club Outdoor Championship is Saturday, May 18, 2019. Shoot begins at 9:00 a.m. Registration closes at 8:30 a.m. Shooters meeting at 8:40 a.m.
The automatic external defibrillator (AED) has been ordered and paid for.
Jim Marshall reported that Tom Fuller is still working on pin design and prices. Jim will forward the information to the members when he receives it from Tom.
Mike Skinner has updated the LVA website (www.lasvegasarchers.net). There is still information he needs to obtain so that he can update the website. If members have any photos of the LVA range that can be used on the website, please forward them to Mike. Secretary suggested adding a membership application link on the front page of the site.
Renewal statements will be sent out soon.
Russell Freeman created a wishlist of 3D targets and vitals. He obtained pricing from Rinehart. Russell proposed that the club split the 3D purchase between the two local archery shops instead of purchasing with club pricing. Rinehart’s club pricing was a small discount. Russell would like the club to purchase a large elk target and vitals to repair existing targets; also, purchase a smaller target if 3D funds allow. Russell will get the orders to the local shops.
Club Participation Program:
Jim Marshall proposed eliminating the club participation program (work points). Members present discussed alternative programs to motivate members to help out with the range. An increase in annual dues was discussed and voted on. Annual dues will increase by $20.
Camping Units on Range:
Camping on the range was discussed. Jim proposed the club follow the rules of the Forest Service. Charlie Roof will get the Forest Service rules. Rules will be posted on the website.
Jim Marshall proposed plaques be purchased to be presented at the LVA Christmas party. Jim asked for references to trophy companies.
Thanksgiving and Christmas Shoots:
Jim Marshall proposed moving the Thanksgiving and Christmas shoots back to the LVA range. Charlie mentioned that the shoots were moved indoors due to a majority of shooters being set up for indoors.
Jim Marshall suggested holding a Christmas party at a venue, separating the Christmas shoot and party. No decision was made.
Range Rules Sign:
Jim Marshall would like a new range rules sign. Members present discussed location of the sign. Russell Freeman suggested the sign be placed at the practice range, leading to suggestions of revamping the practice range, possible adding a cover.
Russell Freeman suggested the club add an electric opener to the new gate, as proposed by Andrew Raddie. Garrett will get new quotes and present them at the next meeting. Jim proposed moving the sign-in box to the gate. Adding an electric opener and will keep track of who used a key fob or card, eliminating the need for a sign-in sheet. This will allow the club to better track club traffic.
Silver Dollar Funds:
Members present voted to use a portion of the Silver Dollar account to purchase 3D targets.
Donation Box for 3D Targets:
Jim Marshall proposed the club add a donation box for the 3D targets. Russell Freeman will build the box.
Members present discussed asking businesses to sponsor a target.
President: Jim Marshall
Vice-President: Russell Freeman
Treasurer: Frank Roof
Board Members (2 positions): Rich Domingo, Rydell Danzie, Rick Livingood, Brady Anderson
Ballots will be sent out soon.
Nominations were closed.
The next meeting is June 10, 2019 at the Bass Pro Shops (Conservation room, former high-end gun room, across the bridge from the archery department).
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
If you hosted a shoot, please be sure to email the scoring information and any pictures to email@example.com to be featured on the website.